Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter


Easter is such a fun time. All of the Easter Egg Hunts, pastel colors everywhere, candy, The Easter Bunny, it really is so fun to be a child. But, for me I am so grateful that I have the knowledge of the true meaning of Easter. For my kids it really is about all of those fun things - which is fine. We have tried to teach them what it is really about, but the pastel colors of the candy and eggs tend to distract them. What I am trying to say is that now that I am a mom, and I don't wake up to the Easter Basket and Easter Egg Hunts that I used to, I have something even more important and that is a Testimony of Jesus and His Resurrection. That means more to me then anything. So, I will let my kids enjoy the festivities that this Holiday brings, hoping that one day they too will grow up and when there aren't Easter Basket's waiting for them, they will have something even more meaningful.



Sadie & Connor before church in their Easter Clothes!

Sadie after her Easter Egg Hunt




Sadie & Connor with their Easter Stuffed Animals

Connor wouldn't hold up his basket or presents so here he is just being Connor



We went to visit the Easter Bunny, but Sadie clung to me and wouldn't get near him

Connor waived at the Easter Bunny, but wanted his dad