Sunday, August 17, 2008

My 2 Weeks of Bliss




Click to play My two weeks
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Ever since Sophie was born it has been such a special time for me. My mom came and stayed with me and it was the most amazing experience. I don't know how I let her go. She would wake up in the mornings and take my kids to Jack-A-Box (that's what Connor calls it) and then to Albertson's so that I could rest. Then, she would fix us amazing meals. It was so fun to just have her there for support and for my emotional sanity. Words will never be able to express my gratitude or how much it truly meant to me. Hopefully, through all of my tears of emotion she could tell. While my mom was there my sister's Jessica and Whit flew in. Jess left her girls in Idaho with Brodie so that she could come. I really appreciate her effort and sacrifice to do so. It was so much fun and we were able to go to movies and dinner, and get 44 drinks. Life was so good!! After Jess left, my dad flew in for a couple of days. He is so busy with his calling and work, but I want him to know the effort was not unnoticed or unappreciated. He makes me cry with one look or hug, just because he is so loving and I just adore him. Doug and Krystal are both back east for the summer, but will soon get to see her too. All of Matt's family will be able to see her when we come up in October. We are anxiously awaiting that time.
Another funny thing was my mom dressed Sophie up in Sadie's doll clothes and put her in the doll stroller. It looked so funny! Anyway, thank you so much to everyone for their support and love at this time. These last couple of weeks I will never forget! Now Matt gets to deal with the aftermath of everyone leaving. Poor Matt!! He is amazing though and it is fun to have some special time with him and the kids.