Sunday, May 17, 2009

Things They Say...

I took Sadie to the dentist the other day and when we got home she wanted to tell Matt what she had. "Dad, guess what, I went to the dentist and I have calories."

There were some guys out drinking at our pool. When we got home Connor was so concerned and I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Mom, dose(those) boys were dwinking beer, now dey(they) can't go on missions" and then he paused and said, "Dawin(Dallin - my brother on a mission) doesn't dwink beer.

On Friday when we got home from picking Sadie up from school this is how our conversation went...
Sadie: Bad news Mom!
Me: What is bad news?
Sadie: Brett and I broke up!
Me: Um....who is Brett?
Sadie: My boyfriend
Me: You had a boyfriend? Since when?
Sadie: Since McDonald's (we saw him there one day)
Me: Well, who broke up, you or him?
Sadie: Me -giggle giggle giggle
Me: Um...

Okay, well we talked of course and it doesn't matter now because she is "in love" with Nick Jonas, and two boys in her primary, so Brett is old news. However, the best part for me is what a bad mood Matt was in after this story. It like ruined his whole day. He did not find it as amusing as I did. I just remember how dramatic those situations used to be.