Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Birthday trumps Election Day!!


My favorite present this year - Sophie!

My cake

"I voted" sticker

My pretty pink IPOD

All my gifts and my kids which are my greatest gifts - of course
Look closely and see Connor's nails, he had the babysitter paint them he is obsessed!

My fun day!
The kids were more excited for me to open my presents then I was!

At the movie

The guy took the picture crooked!

Shopping at the mall!

Well, my birthday just so happened to fall on the Election Day. Lucky me. I have hated this election more then anything and I am so relieved it is just over. The media, well lets just put it nicely - they suck!! Even though the election didn't go my way, it makes me grateful that I was able to vote, and even more grateful that we have the leaders of our Church who will guide us and tell us what we need to do. I also was able to vote for marriage and that felt good too.
However, my attention was on my birthday and that made me very happy and trumped the dumb election coverage. I woke up to a dozen roses, a donut, and a Sonic drink. My favorite breakfast, healthy, I know!! Then, I went and voted. Later on, we took the kids to a babysitter (which we never do) so it was a really fun change. Matt and I went to High School Musical 3. It is ONLY my third time seeing it. It is so so good. I love it. I love musicals anyway and haven't loved a musical that much since Newsies ( I was in 9th grade and just knew I was going to marry Christian Bale, obviously it didn't work out because he had to become Batman!) Anyway, it was so refreshing to hear "gosh, and goodness" and see a really SWEET love story instead of the psycho stuff that is out there. Then Matt and I went to Chipotle for dinner - of course. We picked up the kids and opened my presents. I am now a proud owner of a pink IPOD. I also got the SPECIAL EDITION High School Musical 3 soundtrack (obsessed? maybe a little), some fun things from Forever 21 and Victoria's Secret. It was such a special day! Besides the fact that Sadie came into my room crying today because she said I was "growing" and "getting old and she wanted me to be her mommy forever". But, I guess to a six year old I am really old!! It was cute that she was so genuinely worried about me!(I think).