Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shots


Before the shots

After theirs and then listening to Sophie get hers

Let's just say Sophie has seen better days!

I felt so bad

At dinner after the pain had worn off and Tylenol had kicked in! My pain medicine is that brown drink with the bowl of limes!!!

Shots - is their a scarier word in the human language? Is their a scarier sight than a needle longer then it should legally be? All three of my kids had to get their shots. As I said earlier Matt is on an OBGYN rotation so he is no help right now. So, I went to the doctors alone. Connor went first and got 5 shots. He was so brave. He didn't even flinch. Sadie went next and only got her flu shot so she was okay. And, then there was Sophie. Her little leg had no idea what it was in for. 5 shots later she thought her world had fallen apart. She started screaming and that is when Sadie and Connor started to cry too. So, now just imagine the sound that filled that room. I know your jealous because I actually got to be there instead of hearing about it!! I felt so bad that I took the kids to Target and let them get a toy, I couldn't help it, I was so proud of how brave they were. Especially where I hate needles, to the point that I will lose sleep the night before I have to get a shot. Or, make them lidocaine my arm before I get an IV. Okay, you get the point, then I took them to dinner. Matt wasn't going to be home anyway, so it actually turned out okay - well, once the pain meds kicked in and I got my diet coke with limes!!