Thursday, July 9, 2009

Residency Retreat


They were so excited to go camping

Daddy's camping princess

I wish I shared their enthusiasm

We had to move out of the road for this Buffalo

There were like 20 squirrels surrounding our feet and car -they weren't shy at all, they wanted to be fed, it reminded me of my Grandma Peterson's squirrel she named "dumb dumb"

This was another one we had to move out of the way for

My darling little friends

Connor and his bear
Sadie and her moose

In front of one of the shops they picked their stuffed animals from

As part of Matt's orientation it was required that the residents and their families all go up to Island Park Buttermilk Camp Ground and do a retreat. I was dreading it because I hate to camp! I wish I liked it, but the Cabin suits me so much better! Anyway, we were so lucky because Matt's parents let us use their camper which was so nice. It made the camping trip really fun. The kids had a blast and the retreat went all out for the kids and for us. It was nice getting to know who Matt's colleagues would be. On Saturday we had some free time so we took the kids to Yellowstone. We saw so many animals including a Bald Eagle in its nest. And, the Buffalo just thrilled our kids. Especially when we had to move out of the way for them. I could have reached out my window and touched two different ones. Connor looked at it and said, "Mom, dat Buffawo is so HUGE!" He couldn't stop talking about it. Then we went through some shops and let them pick out their own stuffed animals to remember the trip by. It was so fun to spend some quality time with our little family. Plus, there isn't a memory I have that doesn't include Island Park in some way. I am so excited that we will have a cabin up there again soon! I have missed it so much. It felt like being home in a way!